|Tangential Field Strength||> 2kA/m at midpoint between the legs / probes|
|Lifting Force||> 10 lb. / 4.5 kg (44 N)|
|Duty Cycle||50%, max on time is 90 seconds|
|Ingress Protection (IEC 60259)||IP54|
|EN/EC||CE / WEEE / RoHS|
|Weight||4.8 lb. / 22 kg (yoke only)|
|Weight||6.2 lb. / 2.8 kg (with cord)|
|Leg / Pole Span||2.5 - 10.5 in / 6.4 - 27 cm|
|Contact / Pole Size||1.00 x 1.75 in / 25 x 19 mm|
|Cord Length||12 ft. / 3.6 m, detachable|
The Y-2 is ideal for...
- Detecting surface defects such as: seams, tears, shrink cracks, quenching cracks, & fatigue cracks
- Testing in the field or in difficult to reach areas
- Spot, weld, and in-service inspections
- ASME BPVC
- ASM E1444
- ASTM E709
Magnaflux AC Electromagnetic Yoke
The Y-2 is an AC electromagnetic yoke, ergonomically designed to improve productivity and reduce operator arm and wrist fatigue. The yoke generates a strong AC magnetic field for the detection of surface indications during magnetic particle testing.
Lightweight with an ergonomic grip and trigger, the Y-2 is designed for the rugged demands of field inspection. Featuring a field swappable cord and isolated trigger switch; the Y-2 is easily serviceable because a severed cord should not stop a job from getting done.
A super bright LED attachment is available as an optional item to help illuminate the inspection area while simultaneously magnetizing the part. All-in-one Kits are also available, including #1 Gray and #8A Red magnetic powders, a yellow paint marker, and cleaning cloth, for a full inspection kit in one convenient carrying case.
Increase inspector productivity and reduce physical fatigue
- Less arm strain, wrist fatigue and physical stress help operators get more done due to the lightweight and ergonomic design.
- Easily position the yoke in any direction with lightweight, heavy-duty and powerful electronics components.
Keep tools in service with a design that's built to last
- Cords and triggers can be easily replaced, so work doesn’t stop and tools aren’t scrapped due to accidental damage.
- Prevent dust and dangerous water damage with an IP54 o-ring sealed housing.
- Ergonomic, light-weight design
- IP54 sealed housing resists dust and water
- Field-swappable power cord
- Isolated, replaceable trigger switch
- Steel shields for articulating leg protection
- Exceeds ASTM lifting specifications
- Convenient carrying case supplied with all yoke shipments
- Optional LED yoke light lasts longer and is more intense compared to traditional bulbs
|PRODUCT ID||PRODUCT NAME||PRODUCT DESCRIPTION|
AC |110-115V | 50-60 Hz | Detachable cord, US type B plug
AC | 220-230V | 50-60 Hz | Detachable cord, EU type F plug / UK type G adapter
|628556||Y-2 MV yoke kit|
AC | 110-115V | 50-60 Hz | Detachable cord, US type B plug | #1 Gray & #8A Red Red powders, yellow paint marker & shop cloth
|628557||Y-2 MV yoke kit|
AC | 220-230V | 50-60 Hz | Detachable cord, EU type F plug / UK type G adapter | #1 Gray & #8A Red Red powders, yellow paint marker & shop cloth
AC | 220-230V | 50-60 Hz | Detachable cord, CN Type I plug