KO-17 hi-temp penetrant is a visible dye penetrant used to find flaws on surfaces at elevated temperatures of up to 350°F (176.7°C).
KO-17 saves time for weldmet inspection allowing the inspection to take place at pre-heated temperatures.
Complies with low sulfur and low halogen requirements.
Because KO-17 works at high temperatures, the heat drives contaminants from flaws and heat-expanded flaws trap more penetrant, giving stronger indications.
- Color: Red liquid
- Viscocity: 31.4 cSt @ 100°F
- Flash Point: 368°F (186.7°C)
- Boiling Point: 440°F (226.7°C)
- Specific Gravity: 0.99
- D-350 - High-temperature developer
- KO-19 - High-temperature remover
- MIL-I-25135 Revisions C, D, & E
- ASME Code NDT, Sec V
- SAE AMS 2644
- Keep away from moisture and sunlight
- Temperature limit: 40°F to 125°F (0°-50°C)
- Keep the container closed when not in use